We are giving away a windjammer cruise. The value of this prize is quite high and your chances are still real good to win this awesome prize. Please help to pass the word to your clubs and help out the PHiP Scholarship Fund at the same time. The winner just may be you.
Only you as club leaders can help us to pass the word. Please Pass this along to your members so all have a chance to enter. You can cut and paste this in your next club communication or just by itself. Thanks in advance for your help with this.
Want To Win A Windjammer Cruise And Help Some Parrot Head College Students?
Parrot Heads in Paradise have been awarding qualified parrot heads and their children a total of $10,000 in scholarships every year for the last 10 years. Fundraising has been just keeping pace with our pay-outs each year and we want to add some additional funds to ensure future years’ have adequate funding. To make sure that we can continue to award these gifts well into the future we have come up with a great way to help that cause. Windjammer cruises has donated a cruise for two to raffle off this year. Below are all the details about this great cruise. We will be selling tickets via PayPal or check right up until MOTM. We will draw for the cruise Saturday, November 5th from the stage at Meeting of the Minds for the seven night cruise on this beautiful boat. Winners do not need to be present at MOTM to win the cruise! Tickets are five for $20 or five dollars for one. I will send you via email with a list of your numbers so you have them for your records. I will be tracking the name and numbers of every ticket coming in and they will all be in Key West for the drawing. You can pay via PayPal www.paypal.com toPHiPscholarshipraffle@yahoo.com(click on the friends and family link) or send your check to David Cohen, 6986 Samantha Court Wheatfield, NY 14304 (checks payable to Parrot Heads in Paradise). If you are mailing a check please send your email address if you want your numbers emailed to you. When you get to MOTM you may purchase additional tickets right up until 2:30 pmon Saturday. Thank you in advance for your support of the wonderful cause. Details of the cruise are below.
David Cohen, Secretary
Parrot Heads in Paradise, Inc.
2012-2107 Scholarship Chair
2013-2017 Scholarship Raffle Chair
SAIL WINDJAMMER PRIZE DESCRIPTION
• THIS IS A ONE WEEK GIVEAWAY FOR TWO ON THE S/V MANDALAY. TRIP MUST BE USED ONE YEAR FROM ISSUE DATE.
• VALUED AT $3396 ($1599 PER PERSON, PLUS $99 PER PERSON PORT CHARGES)
• STANDARD CABIN ACCOMMODATIONS (UPGRADES AVAILABLE)
• ALL MEALS, 5 O’CLOCK RUM SWIZZLES AND SNACKS ARE INCLUDED
• OUR SHIP, THE S/V MANDALAY, SAILS FOR ONE WEEK, BOARDING SUNDAY AND DISEMBARKING ON SATURDAY, OUT OF OUR HOMEPORT IN GRENADA WEST INDIES, CARIBBEAN
• Flight to Grenada is not included. Gratuities, Bar, Shore Excursions, Snorkel Gear, Transfers & Onboard Purchases are not included.
• VISIT A SELECTION OF ISLANDS IN THE GRENADINES, WHICH INCLUDE OUR HOME PORT GRENADA, CARRIACOU, UNION ISLAND, MAYREAU, TOBAGO CAYS, BEQUIA, ST. VINCENT AND POSSIBLY SOME OTHER STOPS ALONG THE WAY. REMEMBER, PORTS VISITED ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE…WE GO WHERE THE CAPTAIN AND THE WIND TAKE US!
• WE WILL SAIL YOU SAFE AND STEADY TO UNSPOILED BEACHES, HIDDEN INLETS AND SPARKLING WARM WATERS THAT CONVENTIONAL CRUISE SHIPS JUST CAN’T REACH. YOU WILL EXPERIENCE A CARIBBEAN FEW OTHERS EVER SEE OR DREAM OF!
• PALM-FRINGED, WHITE SANDY BEACHES OFFER YOU TRANQUILITY AND RELAXATION THAT WILL HAVE YOU LIVING YOUR CARIBBEAN DREAM AND UNWINDING BY THE MINUTE
• WE PROVIDE A LAID BACK EXPERIENCE WITH MOUTH WATERING NATIVE CUISINE AND COMFORTABLE AIR-CONDITIONED CABINS. EACH CABIN IS AN ENSUITE UPON ITSELF WITH YOUR OWN PRIVATE BATHROOM
• PARTAKE IN RAISING THE SAILS, TAKE A TURN AT THE HELM OR JUST ENJOY THE WINDS OF THE CARIBBEAN SEA FILLING THE SAILS…THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
Hello Parrot Heads! I am sending you an update to let you know that
REGISTRATION FOR MEETING OF THE MINDS 2017 CLOSES IN FOUR SHORT DAYS!!
FRIDAY NIGHT SEPTEMBER 15th at midnight the registration web page will turn off for MOTM 2017! There will be no extension as we have deadlines to print and order items needed for the event. Register NOW!
The time to celebrate the slowing down of the season with our annual Coast is Clear Under the Pier Party is here. It is still on so come join us. Details on the website and in the last newsletter. Come help us celebrate, bring some money for raffle tickets and hotdogs. The Carteret Humane Society Shelter needs some help and we will donate all proceeds to them! See you there.
It’s time for another EIPHC annual tradition. On September 17th (Sunday),we will celebrate the end of another fantastic summer season in Emerald Isle and enjoy our beautiful beach with a few less people on it. Mendy Barrows and Michael Moyer will once again act as the official hosts and “weenie rollers” (hotdogs are cooked ahead and wrapped in foil and kept warm). The Club will provide the hotdogs, fixings and chips. If you would like to bring something to share, please do. As always there will have games, music and a raffle with gift certificates etc.. If you would like to make donations of items for the raffle, please contact a member of your EIPHC board. Cash donations will be accepted for the food that you eat and all funds raised will be donated to the Carteret County Humane Society. Beach driving will be open and we will have a truck available to collect donations of dog and cat food and kitty litter. These items are always needed at the shelter.
We gather to the left of the pier as you face the water, past the trailer park, by the Cedar Street Parking Lot (private). If you’re driving, you’ll see us to the right as you come off the Black Skimmer access. This event is open to Parrot Heads and guests and it is a family friendly event. Don’t forget to bring a chair, your beverage of choice, suntan lotion and shade. It is a bit of a walk from the Pier Parking so you can phone a friend with a driving permit for the beach or bum a ride with someone who has access to Cedar St. Parking.
This is always a GREAT event and so much FUN!! Come out an celebrate as the Locals take back the beach!