We had 30 fun, enthusiastic Parrot Heads show up for this year’s PHluff up the PHlock Meeting on January 21st. We discussed the 2018 activity schedule and filled the Board with some new blood and lots of enthusiasm from all. We even got “Big Birds” for each of our activities as well as a few new ideas to ponder. We will be sending out requests for volunteers to work with the big birds and the chairs of our 3 standing committees which will be chaired by Members at Large, Technology, Publicity and Activities. Jessi Holland will also head up coordination of our First Friday PHlockings. Presenting……..
President: Jan Hicks
Vice President: Rick Walling
Co- Treasurers: Carl Rauschenberg and Rita Babich
Co-Secretaries: Sue Stone and Maggie Rauschenberg
Members at Large: Jimi Crampton (Technology and Publicity), Jamie Thomas (Publicity), Jessi Holland (PHlocking), Moh Traini (Activities), Donna Grady(Activities). Joel Dunn will continue to head up the Technology Committee with Jimi Crampton.
We wanted to give special thanks to our retiring past officers for all their efforts during their last term and their help in transitioning new officers who are stepping up to fill big shoes. So many THANK YOU’s go out to President Jason Holland, Vice President Carol Lauback, and Members at Large Renee Synan, James Hicks, Marcia McMahan, Pat Henry, and Marsha Horner. We know that they all will still be involved and pitching in with the Club and its’ activities as 2018 unfolds. Other special thanks also went out to those officers who will be continuing on for another term.
The 2018 Activities will be added to the Parrot Head Website Calendar and more details added as we get further in our planning but here they are for now so you can add them to your calendar.
• 1/20 – Hoop Pole Creek Clean Up – Ken & Sue Stone (Big Birds)
• 1/21 – PHluff up the PHlock – Ken & Sue Stone (Big Birds)
• 3/10 – E.I. Marathon/1/2 Marathon/ 5K – (volunteers needed) Ken Stone (Point Person)
• 3/17 – St. Patty’s Day Booth – Jimi Crampton (Big Bird), Moh Traini
• 4/7 – Disc Golf Tournament (Clean up the course before the tournament)- Jack Synan (Big Bird), Renee Synan, James Hicks, Matt Morel
• 4/21 – Highway Pickup/Sound Sweep – Jean Jensen & Val Johnson (Big Birds)
• 4/25 – New Member Social – Maggie Rauschenberg (Big Bird), Marsha Horner, Renee Synan, Sue Stone
• 5/5 – Bike the Banks (volunteers needed) Ken Stone (Point Person)
• 5/19 – Beach Bike Poker Run – Jami Thomas (Big Bird), Carol Lauback, James Hicks, Betty Strader, Renee Synan
• 5/19 – Hands Across the Sand – Val Johnson (Big Bird), Sue Stone
• 6/16 – Alzheimer’s Longest Day Walk – Val Johnson (Big Bird), Sue Smith
• 8/5 – Anniversary Island/Sandbar Party – James Hicks (Big Bird), Cris Lauback, Bobbi Raub, Jeanne LaVana
• 9/16 – Coast is Clear under the Pier Beach Party – Michael Moyer (Big Bird), Mendy Barrows
• 10/13 – Diva Walk for Breast Cancer – Jessi Holland (Big Bird), Jan Hicks
• 10/14 – Chili Cookoff for Breast Cancer – Carol Lauback (Big Bird), Jimi Crampton, Jack Synan
• TBD – start meetings for Parade Float –Betty Strader (Big Bird), Jessi Holland, Ken Stone, James Hicks
• 11/3 – Highway Pick up and possibly Sound Sweep – Jean Jensen (Big Bird), Val Johnson, Carl Rauschenberg
• 11/24 – EI Christmas Parade Float – Betty Strader (Big Bird), Ken Stone, James Hicks
• 12/8: Santa Crawl – Jimi Crampton (Big Bird), Renee Synan, Sue Stone
There was a brief discussion on adding additional activities such as Scavenger Hunt or Mini Golf Tournament but those were tabled unless someone wants to do some planning on possible dates and venues.
We closed the meeting on time and enjoyed the pizza provided by the Club.