MAY BE WE WILL, MAY BE WE WON’T!
Who knows, but we are counting on May to be the month we start seeing each other again, of course using social distancing! We all miss our phriends and phlockings, so join us for our Virtual May Phlocking and Happy Hour on Friday, May 1 at 7:00 pm on Zoom. Grab a drink and your best May attire because we are celebrating all things MAY! Choose what you want to celebrate, whether its May Day, Cinco De Mayo, Mother’s Day, Kentucky Derby, or Memorial Day. Grab your craziest hat or costume and join the Phun! Donna is dreaming and scheming a way for us to have phun during our virtual phlocking and is giving us all a “License to Chill!” SEE THE EIPHC MAY NEWSLETTER FOR EASY INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO JOIN! Looking forward to seeing you!
Wow, what a beautiful day in the neighborhood! I’m ready to get out there and work in the yard, take a walk, sit in the sun with some beach tunes playing and later grilling some hamburgers. This is good stuff ya’ll!
As you already know, it’s better to look at what we CAN DO, rather than what we CAN’T! You guys prove it every day with numerous photos shared in the media reflecting your creativity and hope. I enjoy your sharing of new recipes, freshly coated paint jobs, gardens just planted, walkers on trails and beaches and much more. We enjoy each other through FaceTime, emails, the media, social distancing, virtual meetings and more! Clearly, we are making the best of this mess and know that we’ll be together again. And, when we do find that day, we’ll appreciate everything and everybody so much more! Even though we are apart, we will remain strong and united as a Parrot Head Nation and together we will rock no matter who we are or where we’re from! PHINZ UP and STAY SAFE! Jan H., Pres.
THE RIGHT WORD AT THE RIGHT TIME!
What single word can you find that can turn someone’s day around for the better? Many come to mind…peace, joy, hope, compassion and more. But, the best of these is “LOVE!” With love in our hearts, what we say and what we do for others will strengthen and encourage ourselves and others as we work together to get through the craziness!
As you know, our club events and other community events are suspended, not by choice. Hopefully, we will have a clearer picture in a few weeks to make further decisions. Life as we know it continues to change every day and we have a long road ahead of us! We have the opportunity today and every day to take time to think of others and what we can do to make their day better. Many of you are already doing that by supporting our local businesses with gift cards, takeout orders, etc., and are serving as volunteers to help those in need. You are the best of the best! With a little bit of luck and love, we will come out of this stronger, better and ready to again “PARTY WITH A PURPOSE!” Until then with love, Jan H. Pres.
PHLASH PHLOCKING EVENT POSTPONED:
The Celebration Free Concert event hosted by “Fishin’ for a Cure” scheduled Sunday, March 15, at the Emerald Club has been postponed due to taking precautionary measures as advised but will be rescheduled. We’ll keep you updated!
SUNDAY, MARCH 15 2020, E-CLUB, EMERALD ISLE, 2-5 PM
Let’s show our support for “Fishin’ For a Cure” and PHLASH PHLOCK to their “Free Celebration Concert” featuring Steve Owens and the Summertime Band. This event promises to be an afternoon of PHellowship and PHun! We can dance our Pheathers off! Hope to see you there.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE! YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS IT!
We’re PHlocking to Coastal Credit Union Music Park (Walnut Creek) on 4/18/20 to party at Jimmy’s “Escape to Margaritaville” concert and “It’s 5 O’clock Somewhere” joint Tailgate Party with PHofNC of Raleigh! We’re doing this right PHolks!
Here’s the scoop:
- Concert Tickets still available from most online services beginning from $68 to $87. Example: Tickpick.com has no fees, beginning at $87. Order yours NOW! In addition, I have 2 reserved inside club seats for members in good standing only, selling for someone who can’t go. $150 ea.
- Bus Tickets still available @ $40 round trip, leaving from Publix parking lot at 9am sharp. Hey, you can sleep on the bus!
- Reserved Parrot Head Parking and Tailgate Space (Raleigh and EI clubs) with no early parking fee of $20. Live Nation is opening the parking lot at 12 noon for PH’s only. Cars must convoy together at gate in order to take advantage of this space. Bus will be parked nearby and items from Bus will be transported by truck to tailgate party/parking. Details will follow. UNLESS YOU CONVOY, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARK HERE.
- “5 O’CLOCK SOMEWHERE” Tailgate Party is a combined party hosted by EIPHC and PHofNC clubs. We are providing music from our 2 PHavorite musicians, JT PARROTHEAD and BAREFOOT WADE who will alternate playing from 2 – 7 pm. Visit their Facebook or Websites to learn more about them! If you don’t know Wade, he’ll be riding with us on the bus! A crowd of PHolks will be joining us for the party
- Your Essentials and Your Responsibility is easy! Wear your Parrot Head best, straw hats, parrot/shark hats, grass skirts, Hawaiian shirts, be creative. Bring decorations. The Bus has ample room underneath for coolers, lawn chairs, tents, tables, etc. Small coolers and snacks will be allowed on bus. WHATEVER YOU PARTAKE ON THE BUS YOU CLEAN UP YOURSELF SO BRING TRASH BAG! Shared snacks and food will be greatly appreciated at the tailgating. We may chip in together for extra food, Details will follow. Display your PHeathers proudly, act responsibly for yourself and to others and take care of each other. Most important, bring your best Parrot Head State of Mind!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN US? I CAN GET YOU ON THE BUS OR ADD YOU TO THE CONVOY! EMAIL ME, email@example.com, OR SEE ME AT THE PHLOCKING on MARCH 6. PHeeling Excited! Jan H., Pres.
I’m still asked questions about our club so here are some facts I’d like to share.
The Emerald Isle Parrot Head Club (EIPHC) was founded in 2002. We are a nonprofit social organization for people interested in Jimmy Buffett, Trop Rock music and a tropical spirit. Our purpose is to assist in community outreach programs and to provide members with a means of phun and diverse social interaction. We support many charities each year through our events and volunteer hours. Our club serves the Carteret and Onslow County areas and have members throughout the state.
We truly love and support the message of “Party with a Purpose!” There’s a lot of party and a lot of purpose! Our members gather for monthly phlockings where we enjoy music, food, games and participate in a fundraiser such as a 50/50 raffle to benefit designated charities in our area. Throughout the year many other events are held, some large and some small. There are things to do every month. We also volunteer to assist other organizations in the community. Our two main fundraisers each year are the Beach Bike Poker Run held in May and the Island Santa Bar Crawl held in December. These weekends are filled with over 300 participants raising money for kids associated with Semper Fi Fund Kids Camp and Make a Wish, Eastern North Carolina, respectively. Last year these two fundraisers alone brought well over $35,000.
Come join us and have yourself the time of your life while changing the lives of others! As always, visit our website at emeraldisleparrotheads.com to learn more! I’ll see you at the March 6 Phlocking where we’ll “Party with a Purpose!” Jan Hicks, President
Ok Parrot Head Phlock. Let’s get together for a Phlash Phlocking on Sat, Feb. 22nd, at Carolina Home and Garden from 6:00-10:00. A fundraiser is going on for Matt Miller, half of the local duo of Wild Honey, who lost his house and all belongings in a recent house fire. Let’s get out and support Matt and listen to the Will and Tony Show, and Scearce, Ketner, Stover, and Spence! There will be a silent auction, 50/50 raffle, great music, cold drinks, and good PHriends. Hope to see a good crowd at our 1st Phlash Phlocking of 2020.