THE RIGHT WORD AT THE RIGHT TIME!
What single word can you find that can turn someone’s day around for the better? Many come to mind…peace, joy, hope, compassion and more. But, the best of these is “LOVE!” With love in our hearts, what we say and what we do for others will strengthen and encourage ourselves and others as we work together to get through the craziness!
As you know, our club events and other community events are suspended, not by choice. Hopefully, we will have a clearer picture in a few weeks to make further decisions. Life as we know it continues to change every day and we have a long road ahead of us! We have the opportunity today and every day to take time to think of others and what we can do to make their day better. Many of you are already doing that by supporting our local businesses with gift cards, takeout orders, etc., and are serving as volunteers to help those in need. You are the best of the best! With a little bit of luck and love, we will come out of this stronger, better and ready to again “PARTY WITH A PURPOSE!” Until then with love, Jan H. Pres.
PHLASH PHLOCKING EVENT POSTPONED:
The Celebration Free Concert event hosted by “Fishin’ for a Cure” scheduled Sunday, March 15, at the Emerald Club has been postponed due to taking precautionary measures as advised but will be rescheduled. We’ll keep you updated!
SUNDAY, MARCH 15 2020, E-CLUB, EMERALD ISLE, 2-5 PM
Let’s show our support for “Fishin’ For a Cure” and PHLASH PHLOCK to their “Free Celebration Concert” featuring Steve Owens and the Summertime Band. This event promises to be an afternoon of PHellowship and PHun! We can dance our Pheathers off! Hope to see you there.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE! YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS IT!
We’re PHlocking to Coastal Credit Union Music Park (Walnut Creek) on 4/18/20 to party at Jimmy’s “Escape to Margaritaville” concert and “It’s 5 O’clock Somewhere” joint Tailgate Party with PHofNC of Raleigh! We’re doing this right PHolks!
Here’s the scoop:
- Concert Tickets still available from most online services beginning from $68 to $87. Example: Tickpick.com has no fees, beginning at $87. Order yours NOW! In addition, I have 2 reserved inside club seats for members in good standing only, selling for someone who can’t go. $150 ea.
- Bus Tickets still available @ $40 round trip, leaving from Publix parking lot at 9am sharp. Hey, you can sleep on the bus!
- Reserved Parrot Head Parking and Tailgate Space (Raleigh and EI clubs) with no early parking fee of $20. Live Nation is opening the parking lot at 12 noon for PH’s only. Cars must convoy together at gate in order to take advantage of this space. Bus will be parked nearby and items from Bus will be transported by truck to tailgate party/parking. Details will follow. UNLESS YOU CONVOY, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARK HERE.
- “5 O’CLOCK SOMEWHERE” Tailgate Party is a combined party hosted by EIPHC and PHofNC clubs. We are providing music from our 2 PHavorite musicians, JT PARROTHEAD and BAREFOOT WADE who will alternate playing from 2 – 7 pm. Visit their Facebook or Websites to learn more about them! If you don’t know Wade, he’ll be riding with us on the bus! A crowd of PHolks will be joining us for the party
- Your Essentials and Your Responsibility is easy! Wear your Parrot Head best, straw hats, parrot/shark hats, grass skirts, Hawaiian shirts, be creative. Bring decorations. The Bus has ample room underneath for coolers, lawn chairs, tents, tables, etc. Small coolers and snacks will be allowed on bus. WHATEVER YOU PARTAKE ON THE BUS YOU CLEAN UP YOURSELF SO BRING TRASH BAG! Shared snacks and food will be greatly appreciated at the tailgating. We may chip in together for extra food, Details will follow. Display your PHeathers proudly, act responsibly for yourself and to others and take care of each other. Most important, bring your best Parrot Head State of Mind!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN US? I CAN GET YOU ON THE BUS OR ADD YOU TO THE CONVOY! EMAIL ME, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR SEE ME AT THE PHLOCKING on MARCH 6. PHeeling Excited! Jan H., Pres.
Ok Parrot Head Phlock. Let’s get together for a Phlash Phlocking on Sat, Feb. 22nd, at Carolina Home and Garden from 6:00-10:00. A fundraiser is going on for Matt Miller, half of the local duo of Wild Honey, who lost his house and all belongings in a recent house fire. Let’s get out and support Matt and listen to the Will and Tony Show, and Scearce, Ketner, Stover, and Spence! There will be a silent auction, 50/50 raffle, great music, cold drinks, and good PHriends. Hope to see a good crowd at our 1st Phlash Phlocking of 2020.
We invite you to join your Emerald Isle Parrot Head Phriends for another day of phun to support a great cause. Come out and watch the 2020 Super Bowl and cheer on the team of your choosing or just choose the best commercial. We will be hosting our SOUPER BOWL PARTY 2020 at the Emerald Club on Sunday, February 2nd from 6:00pm until the big game is done. Please plan to bring your favorite SOUP (soup, stew or chili), appetizers or dessert to share. Matt will also have some yummy food on hand. There will be drink specials, SWAG and fun and games. Feel free to wear your favorite team jersey or fan attire, even if they didn’t make it to the big game. Non-perishable foods and cash donations will be collected on the day of the event to benefit a local families in need. Come out and Phlock with your Phriends!
What better way to start off the New Year than to have an opportunity to see Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band live in concert! Open your mind and let the phantasy begin. Come hear the stories in his music about life, people, friends, society and relationships. It’s a special lifetime event. No where will you ever be as welcomed by complete strangers! Everyone is there to have a good time!
Jimmy is playing at Walnut Creek in Raleigh for his 26th concert in that venue on April 18, 2020. This tour is called the “Slack Tide Tour” and promises to bring lots of phun and surprises! If you’ve never been or if you’ve been to all 26, each concert evolves into a creature of its own and one you will never forget. As you know, Parrot Heads are a different culture and our festivities can’t be compared to any other. Phlocks roam the parking lots visiting others tailgating, 75% of the crowd looks like they’re tourists in Hawaii, Beach Balls fly over and on you during the entire time, T-shirts get blown into the audience as far as the lawn, and the band is truly amazing. This includes the entire band, not just Jimmy…so much talent! Whether you are young or “vintage” this is the time to go!
See me or Jessi Holland at the phlocking on Friday, February 7, at E-Club beginning at 7 p.m. for additional information or to purchase a bus ticket and we’ll “Party with a Purpose!” Jan H.
We are proud to announce that the PHiP Scholarship Essay Contest for 2020 is NOW OPEN!!!!!!
Summary of the PHiP Scholarship:
The PHiP Scholarship is for current Parrot Head Club Members of an officially Chartered Chapter or their children of Parrot Head Club Members, for post secondary education.
This program was established in 2008. Three scholarships will be awarded in 2020. The funds may be used for tuition, books or living expenses, at an accredited brick and mortar four-year university or college of the student’s choice. The award will be paid to the winners school account, when a student account is established.
PHiP awards 3 awards in the amounts of:
First Place: $5,000
Second Place: $3,000
Third Place: $2,000
Eligibility: Parrot Head Club Members and members children (Sorry nieces, nephews or other extended family members beyond those mentioned are not considered eligible)
The Scholarship instructions and application can be found on the PHiP Website at:
http://www.phip.com/club-scholarship Continue reading PHiP Scholarship is Now Open