The Casa Marina is 99% SOLD-OUT, Drawings END Tuesday, Aaron Scherz Band!
Jimmy Buffett launches Cabin Fever Virtual Tour for fans to watch concerts at home
Starting March 25, the king of chill will upload a live concert from his archives every Wednesday and Saturday at 8 p.m. PST.
Since he can’t physically tour, Jimmy Buffett has launched his Spring 2020 Cabin Fever Virtual Tour, which includes live sets through the years being uploaded to his website every Wednesday and Saturday starting March 25.
Coronavirus may have temporarily put a stop to live events, but Jimmy Buffett still wants fans to have a little fun. Break out the blender or head to your favorite local restaurant for some margaritas-to-go and join Buffett and fellow Parrotheads during his Spring 2020 Cabin Fever Virtual Tour from the comfort and safety of your own home.Starting Wednesday, March 25, every Wednesday and Saturday at 8 p.m. PST Buffett will be re-broadcasting shows from his live archives via margaritaville.tv or tune into Radio Margaritaville on SiriusXM.
Here’s the full Cabin Fever Virtual Tour schedule:
March 25: Live from Key West, Florida (2015)
March 28: Live from The Gorge in George, Washington (1996)
April 1: Live from The Coyote Drive-In at Fort Worth, Texas (2014)
April 4: Live from Honolulu, Hawaii (2004)
April 8: Live from Paris France (2017)
April 11: The Millennium Show Live from Los Angeles, California (1999)
April 15: Live from Australia (2011)
April 18: Live from Mansfield, Massachusetts (1994)
April 22: Live from Bora Bora (2010)
April 25: Live from Hartford, Connecticut (1995)
April 29: Live from Wellington, New Zealand (2017)
May 2: Far Side of the World Show (various years and cities)
May 6: Live from Dublin, Ireland (2019)
May 9: Live from Key West, Florida (2015)
THE RIGHT WORD AT THE RIGHT TIME!
What single word can you find that can turn someone’s day around for the better? Many come to mind…peace, joy, hope, compassion and more. But, the best of these is “LOVE!” With love in our hearts, what we say and what we do for others will strengthen and encourage ourselves and others as we work together to get through the craziness!
As you know, our club events and other community events are suspended, not by choice. Hopefully, we will have a clearer picture in a few weeks to make further decisions. Life as we know it continues to change every day and we have a long road ahead of us! We have the opportunity today and every day to take time to think of others and what we can do to make their day better. Many of you are already doing that by supporting our local businesses with gift cards, takeout orders, etc., and are serving as volunteers to help those in need. You are the best of the best! With a little bit of luck and love, we will come out of this stronger, better and ready to again “PARTY WITH A PURPOSE!” Until then with love, Jan H. Pres.
We are proud to announce that the PHiP Scholarship Essay Contest for 2020 is OPEN!!!!!!
Summary of the PHiP Scholarship:
The PHiP Scholarship is for current Parrot Head Club Members of an officially Chartered Chapter or their children of Parrot Head Club Members, for post secondary education.
This program was established in 2008. Three scholarships will be awarded in 2020. The funds may be used for tuition, books or living expenses, at an accredited brick and mortar four-year university or college of the student’s choice. The award will be paid to the winners school account, when a student account is established.
PHiP awards 3 awards in the amounts of:
First Place: $5,000
Second Place: $3,000
Third Place: $2,000
Eligibility: Parrot Head Club Members and members children (Sorry nieces, nephews or other extended family members beyond those mentioned are not considered eligible)
The Scholarship instructions and application can be found on the PHiP Website at:
It is VERY important the applicant follow ALL of the rules and instructions. Only typed, electronic submissions will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered eligible.
Make no references to your identity, your local parrot head club or your location in your essay entry OR your question and statement responses.
All applications must be signed at the appropriate place. We accept electronic signatures.
To Apply: Complete the Parrot Head Scholarship Application found on the PHiP website at www.phip.com. Please email your completed application and essay to:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS is MARCH 31st, 2020, for enrollment for fall term (summer terms not applicable). Students may apply yearly; the awards will be given annually, based on a new application process.
Good Luck to all applicants!
Secretary, Parrot Heads in Paradise Inc,
2012-2020 Scholarship Chair
2013-2020 Scholarship Raffle Chair
2017-2020 Mini Mart Chair
PHLASH PHLOCKING EVENT POSTPONED:
The Celebration Free Concert event hosted by “Fishin’ for a Cure” scheduled Sunday, March 15, at the Emerald Club has been postponed due to taking precautionary measures as advised but will be rescheduled. We’ll keep you updated!
SUNDAY, MARCH 15 2020, E-CLUB, EMERALD ISLE, 2-5 PM
Let’s show our support for “Fishin’ For a Cure” and PHLASH PHLOCK to their “Free Celebration Concert” featuring Steve Owens and the Summertime Band. This event promises to be an afternoon of PHellowship and PHun! We can dance our Pheathers off! Hope to see you there.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE! YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS IT!
We’re PHlocking to Coastal Credit Union Music Park (Walnut Creek) on 4/18/20 to party at Jimmy’s “Escape to Margaritaville” concert and “It’s 5 O’clock Somewhere” joint Tailgate Party with PHofNC of Raleigh! We’re doing this right PHolks!
Here’s the scoop:
- Concert Tickets still available from most online services beginning from $68 to $87. Example: Tickpick.com has no fees, beginning at $87. Order yours NOW! In addition, I have 2 reserved inside club seats for members in good standing only, selling for someone who can’t go. $150 ea.
- Bus Tickets still available @ $40 round trip, leaving from Publix parking lot at 9am sharp. Hey, you can sleep on the bus!
- Reserved Parrot Head Parking and Tailgate Space (Raleigh and EI clubs) with no early parking fee of $20. Live Nation is opening the parking lot at 12 noon for PH’s only. Cars must convoy together at gate in order to take advantage of this space. Bus will be parked nearby and items from Bus will be transported by truck to tailgate party/parking. Details will follow. UNLESS YOU CONVOY, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARK HERE.
- “5 O’CLOCK SOMEWHERE” Tailgate Party is a combined party hosted by EIPHC and PHofNC clubs. We are providing music from our 2 PHavorite musicians, JT PARROTHEAD and BAREFOOT WADE who will alternate playing from 2 – 7 pm. Visit their Facebook or Websites to learn more about them! If you don’t know Wade, he’ll be riding with us on the bus! A crowd of PHolks will be joining us for the party
- Your Essentials and Your Responsibility is easy! Wear your Parrot Head best, straw hats, parrot/shark hats, grass skirts, Hawaiian shirts, be creative. Bring decorations. The Bus has ample room underneath for coolers, lawn chairs, tents, tables, etc. Small coolers and snacks will be allowed on bus. WHATEVER YOU PARTAKE ON THE BUS YOU CLEAN UP YOURSELF SO BRING TRASH BAG! Shared snacks and food will be greatly appreciated at the tailgating. We may chip in together for extra food, Details will follow. Display your PHeathers proudly, act responsibly for yourself and to others and take care of each other. Most important, bring your best Parrot Head State of Mind!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN US? I CAN GET YOU ON THE BUS OR ADD YOU TO THE CONVOY! EMAIL ME, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR SEE ME AT THE PHLOCKING on MARCH 6. PHeeling Excited! Jan H., Pres.